Sunday 27 November 2011

Jess's Guide To: Taking Your Driving Test

I was going to name this 'Passing Your Driving Test' but I can't guarantee that and I couldn't guarantee that I would pass mine either! But I'm so glad I did and I sort of wish I had a bit more advice on what could help. So here's a few things I learned before and during my test.

1. Ask questions before your test.

There is no question too stupid to ask. I had so many that I didn't want to ask as I thought my instructor would just laugh. One question I wanted to know was what do you put in the engine coolant, and I'm so glad I asked because that exact question came up in my test!

2. Learn your 'Show Me Tell Me' answers.

Now I didn't know that you can get up to 4 minors during this part of your test, and all you need to do is learn the answers. You might as well, as then you can go into the test with 15 minors available instead of 11. It's easy marks. :)

3. Don't think you've failed.

Almost every person I spoke to who had taken their test told me if I make a mistake just carry on and it was the best advice ever. Within the first 5 minutes of my test, I accidently hit the kerb and I knew (at least I thought I knew) that it was an automatic fail. However, I decided to carry on like it never happened and after I passed he told me it was only a minor as I only touched it and didn't actually go onto the kerb. So if I'd assumed I'd failed and given up, it could have been a silly mistake.

4. Relax!

Such a difficult thing to do when it's one of the most important days of your life. But the best thing to do is not get worked up and just relax and treat it like a normal driving lesson. The examiner doesn't want to fail you, and they aren't scary or horrible. They are simply watching you drive, so show them that you can! :)

Good luck to anyone taking their test. It will all be worth it after.



x

7 comments:

  1. Great advice!! I totally agree with every bullet point you made! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for a post :) Driving tests are so stressful. Really great blog you've got going on here beaut.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing, my test is this week! couldn't have come at a better time :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took driving lessons for over a year and was too scared to take my test.. (as in too scared to drive anymore, not too scared because I thought id fail)

    Advice like this is really good because I think alot of people forget that it's OK to ask a lot of questions, and that panicking is the worst thing you can do

    If I ever get round to learning to drive properly, I'll keep this in mind :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the advice! I've been learning for about 10 months now, and have failed three tests (I really am AWFUL) I just can't seem to crack it! But the advice really helps.

    I think it's actually my attitude which is letting me down. I detest driving! It eats up all my money, I've spent hundreds of pounds on it already, people think you're stupid because you can't pass the test, I have to get up early on Saturdays to have my lessons, it's as dull as dishwater and I hate it! Hahaha.

    Maybe next time I suppose! Hahaha. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Driver's is a formal class or plan that prepares a new driver to get a learner's allow or driver's license.Thanks! Look for additional posts on this topic soon. Thanks admin.
    Driving Lessons

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, whether its two sentences or two paragraphs, I will always read them. Your comments never fail to put a smile on my face.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...