Monday 7 November 2011

Open University: My Journey #1

Okay, so I'm not sure how popular this will be, so if no one enjoys reading it then I'll just keep it to myself from now on. But, I thought it would be a good idea to let you all know about my journey through the Open University and my opinion on how it's going and how I'm finding it.

I'll start with the fun stuff. Stationary shopping! Surely I'm not the only one who loves buying lots of notebooks, highlighters and post-its, preferably matching and pretty. I only bought a few things so far and I intend to buy more once I know for sure what I need. But for now, I have a collection from WH Smith's and the stripy notebook is from Paperchase. Also, not forgetting my Filofax which has been a godsend this past week, as I've needed to be so organised.



When asking for tips about the OU, most people said simply 'be organised'. Boy, were they right. There are so many dates, deadlines and tasks that all need to fit in somewhere so it's 100% necessary to get a diary of some sort, and always carry it around as you will always need it.

So far, I've only read through the first book and made lots of notes. It's all a little daunting but I've already learned so much. I think the most important thing is i'm actually enjoying it, and what I'm learning is fascinating me.

If anyone is considering the Open University, then definitely look into it. You can request prospectus's without any commitment to sign up. I requested Psychology first before I realised it was Business Studies I wanted to do. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me and I'll do my best.

11 comments:

  1. My boyfriend is very interesting in doing an OU course so would love to read more!

    Also love stationary shopping, especially anything with hello kitty on it! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd looked into it once [can't remember what I wanted to do] and it looked really interesting, I really would love to do it. Is it an expensive way of studying?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachael it is MUCH cheaper than going to uni and most people can get financial help towards it. I work part time and was eligible to get the full amount paid for so I paid nothing.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to do an OU course but I dont think I could afford it/have the time to do it! :( On the plus side, your stationery is super cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a stationary FREAK, the more the better :) X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really interesting post! I say you keep us updated as you progress :D Loooove stationary too :P

    http://fortheloveofallthingsgirly.blogspot.com

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. absolutely love buying no stationary! good luck with open university, i think its a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My friend is doing an Open University course and she completely agrees that you need to be super orgaised.
    I would love to read more about this, it'd be nice to compare between university and open university.

    p.s. I absoluetly love stationary shopping (my friend told me off 'cos we were supposed to be clothes shopping and I bought note pads) =)

    Jess x

    http://jellybbean.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. definitely more about the ou :D

    maddie xx
    vintagebeautyx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really interesting - I don't know if I'd have the discipline to do an OU course to be honest (I'm currently sitting in my uni library checking blogs, haha).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with everything. I love stationery shopping. Studying by yourself is hard, but the rewards are good xx

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, whether its two sentences or two paragraphs, I will always read them. Your comments never fail to put a smile on my face.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...