Wednesday 1 February 2012

Aims For February

I cannot believe it is February already. Although, January seemed to go extremely slowly, it has also gone fast. (I'm not even making sense, am I?). As most of you may know, I decided to do monthly resolutions this year, and looking at my January Aims post, I did alright. I'm actually quite proud of what I've acheieved this month.

My aims for January were:

Tell friends and family about Ditzy Glamour.
I did this right at the beginning of January, as I was so scared, I thought that people would think it's so weird. I mentioned it on Facebook and got such an amazing response (hi if any of you are reading this!) and although not many people told me they read it, my page views increased by like 150 that day. I also created a Facebook page to make it easier for people to follow that way, please 'like' it!

No takeaways.
I was so looking forward to this, and dreading it at the same time. As I work two doors down from a McDonalds, I was getting food from there up to 2 or 3 times a week. Not only was it making me ill, I was wasting a ridiculous amount of money. And that's not even including weekends! So Aiden and I made a joint decision to not get any takeaways and it's been great. We've also ended up going out for meals a lot more, which is spending money but a lot more enjoyable.

Start going to car boot sales.
I must admit I failed on this one. I didn't go to any, but looking back, what was I thinking? It's January. It's cold. I think I was a little too optimistic on this one. On a plus note, I have got boxes and bags all packed up ready to go when I decide it's warm enough.

Take lots of photos.
I've been doing quite well on this one, I haven't taken as many as I wanted to (I kind of forgot for the first two weeks) but here's a few that I've taken this month:




Onto my aims for February:

Complete Frugal February
I really wanted to do this last year, but didn't, so this year it's a must as I really need to save. See yesterday's post for more information.

Take more photos
I know this was January's aim too, but I really need lots of photos, and I want to take a lot more. (If I don't make it an aim I won't do it!)

Relax more
Recently, I have noticed that there is always something to do. Whether it's working, doing uni work, blogging, or sorting things out, there's always something. Because of this, I never just stop. Last weekend, Aiden and I had a night in watching films and I loved it. There was no phone, no laptop, just relaxing, and I've realised I need to do that more. So my aim is to watch more films and read more books with no distractions. That includes no taking my blackberry into the bath. I. Must. Switch. Off.

What are your aims for February?

x

4 comments:

  1. Non of my "real" friends know about my blog, nor my family, I think there's too much real stuff about my life on my blog that a lot of people don't know about. My blog's the only place where I show and tell everything, even the stuff I put on Facebook is limited, which is odd because normally it is the other way around!

    As for myself for February like you i'm not only trying to take more pictures but my big thing for the year is to try and get them developed more. For say the past two to three years i've taken so many photographs yet never got them printed out, so they just deleted. Now i'm just trying to fill up countless photograph albums!

    Good luck with your aims x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt the same, but recently I decided to just take the plunge and tell people. My mum loves it and so do a few friends. I don't think most people are that interested, which is kind of good in a way.

      Also, I need to get photos developed too. There's hundreds on my laptop. So scared I'll lose them all.

      x

      Delete
  2. I love this post! I should articulate my personal aims more, as they seem to be just a ephemeral concept that I do nothing about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Writing them down definitely makes you try and fulfil them more!

      x

      Delete

Leave a comment, whether its two sentences or two paragraphs, I will always read them. Your comments never fail to put a smile on my face.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...