Saturday 2 June 2012

Pearl Drops Transform: Review

I had been on the lookout for cheap teeth whitening products for a while, as I was worried about spending a lot on a product that didn't work. I was going to buy the Crest Whitening Strips but I've heard they make your teeth very sensitive and my teeth are sensitive enough already so I looked in Boots and found Pearl Drops Transform toothpaste.


The packaging says "For an instantly shinier, whiter-looking smile and cool freshness" which pretty much sold it to me as I was looking for instant results. After one use, I did feel like my teeth had had a good clean and they did look slightly whiter, but not noticeably. I have been using this twice a day instead of my normal toothpaste for over three weeks now, so I feel I've used it long enough to give a full review.


My teeth has become whiter than before, but not enough for anyone to notice (although my boyfriend did say they were looking a lot whiter). My teeth feel cleaner after using it, and it hasn't made my teeth sensitive at all.

I would still like to try something that has a much bigger effect on my teeth, but I do think this is great for someone who just wants slightly whiter teeth.

This toothpaste costs just over £5 but it was half price in Boots when I purchased it. There are quite a few in the Pearl Drops range, so I'm tempted to try a different one, maybe Hollywood smile?

What would you recommend for whiter teeth?

Note: I did actually have photos of my teeth from before and after, but they seem to have disappeared. Oops.

8 comments:

  1. I was going to buy this too but I wasn't sure if it would leave my breath smelling fresh too so I didn't end up getting it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a perfect replacement for a normal toothpaste - my teeth are left just as clean and my breath was minty fresh. :) I understand your concern though as I have tried whitening toothpastes before that are like chalk and I feel like they need a good clean after!

      x

      Delete
  2. If you find the before and after pics I'd love to see. Once my brace is off I'm going to get whiten them. I want to try products from shops first but it seems a lot of them arent worth the money. If they arent then I may get them done professionally x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a noticeable difference between the pictures but if you want the same impact as when they are done professionally I wouldn't recommend this, as it's only a small improvement. I think this is worth the money, but you may want to start with this, and then try other treatments.

      Delete
  3. The laws in the UK and EU surrounding the amount of bleach/whitening ingredients companies can put into over the counter toothpastes means that none of the products we can buy here are strong enough to actually whiten teeth, all they can do is remove surface stains. The laws in the USA allow much higher concentrations, hence why we cannot buy things like Crest whitening strips here. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, im on my holidays now, and when i was younger i never brushed my teeth which gave me a terrible result :/,all i want is to have white teeth for summer and on, i'm 16 at the age to have fun and smile but i don't like to smile with bad teeth,i have straight teeth just along the yellow lines, i bought this yesterday evening at boots, but has not given me a good result:P, could you tell me any good products to use for my situation? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I mentioned, this isn't good if you want fast results. Do continue to use it though. I don't know of any quick fixes yet, but I am going to try some in the future, so keep an eye out on my blog for more teeth whitening reviews.

      x

      Delete
  5. nice blog..interested in following each other??
    http://fashionwithfitness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, whether its two sentences or two paragraphs, I will always read them. Your comments never fail to put a smile on my face.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...