Wednesday 4 July 2012

Beauty Books | Jemma Kidd Make Up Masterclass

The final (for now) of my beauty books reviews (see one and two here and here). I really have enjoyed writing these, as it's something a little bit different from the norm. Today's blog post (if you haven't already guessed) is on the Jemma Kidd Make Up Masterclass which is the only beauty book that I have purchased myself (the others were birthday gifts). I'm not too sure why I purchased it as I'd never seen any reviews or anything - I just thought I'd buy it and see how it went.


When it arrived I was quite shocked at the size of it - it's pretty big! Flicking through it, it is full of big, clear images and simple short paragraphs and bullet points so it's very easy to follow.


Going into more detail, it contains three main sections: beauty basics, make up masterclass and get the look. Beauty basics teaches you about different skin tones, looking after your skin etc. Make up masterclass teaches you how to do all of the beauty tricks, including how to contour and highlight (my favourite bit of the book!). Get the look teaches you how to create looks for different occasions, including daytime, night time and even on holiday.

This book taught me that I don't know half as much as I should about make up, especially when it comes to prepping the skin beforehand. This taught me that having good skin is the biggest step to take, and what you do before you put on make up is just as important as applying make up itself.

I would definitely recommend this book, especially if you want to practice! I bought mine on Amazon for around £13 (I can't remember exactly).

What beauty books would you recommend?

3 comments:

  1. I love my Bobbi Brown one but this sounds fab too! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never think to buy a beauty book. But it's such a good idea! I bet I wouldn't know half the things in there. I'm really intrigued now haha xx

    jensbrightandbeautiful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really does sound interesting! I love it!!!
    Make Up Masterclass

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, whether its two sentences or two paragraphs, I will always read them. Your comments never fail to put a smile on my face.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...